Eat healthy, an essential thing for you to keep yourself fit and to live a longer life sans too much health issues. Healthy food means a perfect proportion of carbohydrates, protein, lipid, vitamins, and minerals. But most of the time all these useful kinds of stuff are neither enough delicious to draw the common’s interest nor enough tasty to fill your taste buds. Therefore, sometimes you want tangy and tasty foods. In this situation, what better you could ask for other than the pancakes and waffles. Both of them are much in demand. Now let’s know what these two things are.
Difference Between A Pancake and A Waffle
Though pancake and waffle both are common breakfast food and have almost the same ingredients but they are different from each other. Especially when it comes for the batter you can find the difference clearly.
- Waffle batter needs to be thicker but as for a pancake, the thinner and runnier batter is quite ok.
- Waffle batter contains more sugar which provides a beautiful golden brown look and the extra fat makes waffle delicious crispy from outside, Both things is consciously missing from the pancake.
- Baking powder Is compulsory ingredient for waffle while it is rarely used in pancake.
- You can give a different shape to your waffle at your choice but pancake always have one shape.
- The exterior of waffle is crispier but pancake is rather soft than waffle.
- To prepare waffle you need two waffle irons while for pancake a flat or griddle pan is fine.
How to Make Waffles with Pancake Mix
Before you start processing it is time for a few adjustments to the batter which already premixed for pancakes and make it little different so that you can make better waffles out of it quite easily.
- Increase the quantities of sugar and melted butter to your batter to get beautiful waffles.
- To convert your pancake batter into a waffle batter, you have to add 2.5 times the amount of sugar into the batter. In this way, you may get crispy and golden waffles easily.
- Adding some whipped egg white to the pancake mix may help to turn the batter thick and slightly bubbly so it would be an ideal mix for a waffle with crisp, browned finish.
Now your batter is ready for waffle and it is time to follow the process step by step to prepare delicious waffles for your breakfast.
Ingredients for Waffle Mix
To make at least 6 waffles out of the pancake mix you need to arrange the following ingredients-
- 1 cup of pancake mix
- ¾ cup of water
- ¼ cup of melted butter or edible oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 big egg yolk
- 2 big egg white
If you need to increase the number of waffles, just increase the measure of the ingredients following this ratio.
Preheat the Waffle Maker
As you know that the waffle maker is ideal for making waffles. At first, you need to heat it before pouring anything into it. You have to plug it in for at least 10 minutes.
Mix The Ingredients
Take a large bowl and put the pancake mix, sugar, oil, egg yolk into it and add some water. Now mixed properly all of them, make sure the mixture will be lump-free. If you want to have your waffles more crispy and brown, then you only need to add some extra water, sugar, and egg yolk with this mixture.
Whisk the Batter Properly
Now it is time to whisk the whole mixture using a wire whisk and make sure all the ingredients are mixed properly. If any lump remains try to crush them by beating with the whisk unless your waffles will be tough.
Beat the Egg Whites
Take another bowl and keep the egg whites from 2 large eggs. Now, whisk the whites using a hand mixer on high speed until they form stiff peaks. This is one of the vital ingredients for waffle.
Add the Egg Whites into The Batter
Add the egg whites to the batter and slowly fold them with a metal spoon only to make sure that the egg whites are properly combined with the rest of the batter. This may provide the much-needed taste, flavor, and softness to your waffle.
Pour the Batter into The Waffle Maker
Finally, when all the ingredients are added and the mixture is properly converted from pancake mix to waffle mix, now you can start cooking. Open the lid of the preheated waffle maker and pour ½ cup of the mixture at the center of the pot using a dispenser. After that slowly cover the lid of the waffle iron and allow it to cook until steam is not coming out of the lid anymore.
Variations You May Try
The ingredients what you have used so far are very common ones, if you want to add some different flavors and taste you can mix any of your favorite sweeteners with the batter. Apart from that, you can set the top of the waffle with syrup, cream, toasted nuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips, or shredded coconuts. All these are capable enough to provide you some new flavor of your choice.
Collect the Waffles One by One
To prepare a perfect waffle it takes a few minutes (2-4 mins) only. Once you find it over, carefully remove the lid and see if the edges of the waffle are turned to golden brown and little crispy, only then lift out the waffle using a fork. After that, try another one following the same way. At last, you’ll get the number of waffles that you’re looking for.