When it comes to the perfect breakfast, you can never take the pancakes out of the equation. Oat base to buckwheat to fruit fusions, pancakes are the ideal way to start your day. And you will require the best griddle pan for pancakes to ensure that you have the perfect bite of smooth and delicious treat every time.
A griddle pan provides an efficient way to prepare pancakes and can be easily stored away when not in use. A large cooking surface, even heat transfer, and versatility are some of the main benefits of using it.
Table of Content
Comparison Table of Best Griddle Pan for Pancakes
Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Griddle
Presto 07061 Electric Griddle
Cuisinart GR-4NR Griddler
Ecolution Evolve Nonstick Griddle
Calphalon Hard-Anodized Griddle
Presto 07046 Electric Griddle
Vremi 20 inch Cast Iron Griddle
Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Griddle
Nordic Ware Pancake Pan
All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Griddle
10 Best Rated Griddle Pan for Pancakes
Finally, keeping the points mentioned above in mind, it will be easier for you to choose the top rated griddle pan. Above all, consider one of the following top 10 griddle pans that perfectly meet your requirements.
1. Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Griddle
It is the perfect griddle pan for you if you have a big family or lots of friends, who visit often. Moreover, it is a double burner grill that is designed for saving space. It is available in two different styles – non-stick double burner and skillet with a helper.
Some of the main features include:
- Professional triple-ply construction with a pure aluminium core and brushed stainless steel exterior
- Drip-free pouring rim tight-fitting cover ensures more nutrients and moisture is sealed in for more delicious pancakes
- Heat Surround Technology ensures even heat distribution and even cooking
- The cool Grip handle is convenient to hold and stays cool
The pan comes with a lifetime warranty. Most noteworthy, you can also use it in the dishwasher.
2. Presto 07061 Electric Griddle
It is a cast-aluminium griddle featuring detachable handles and measures almost 22 inches in size. It is among the best electric griddle for pancakes if you have a large family or have friends who frequently visit on weekends. Along with this, the removable handles can make it easier to store this extra-large griddle. It features high-quality textured cooking surface for a non-stick cooking experience.
It is also easier to clean. The unique Control Master Heat control system ensures that the required cooking temperature is automatically maintained. The electric griddle, with its power output of up to 1500 watts, is a versatile appliance for doing much more than preparing your favorite pancakes.
Some of the notable features include the following:
- The extra-large cooking surface that helps you prepare all the pancakes for the family or visiting guests.
- Easily detachable handles without any need of tools. That makes it easier to clean and store this griddle.
- Once you remove the stems, the base can be stored readily in a standard kitchen cabinet.
- The substantial cast aluminium base ensures warp-proof application.
- You can fully immerse this griddle after removing the heat control.
- Even more, the slide-out drip tray can be easily removed and cleaned.
4. Ecolution Evolve Nonstick Griddle
Made of heavy-gauge aluminium, this is one of the best griddle pans with a non-stick feature. It is available in a wide range of sizes ranging from 8 inches to 11 inches.
Also, it provides superior and even conductivity due to grooved and textured heat bands on the bottom. Furthermore, it has a sturdy construction and is perfect for a wide range of cooking purposes.
Some of the main features of this griddle pan are as follows:
- High Durability: The griddle pan has been designed to last long. It is possible due to its heavy-gauge aluminium construction.
- Safe Non-stick Surface: Hydrolon PFOA free is a proprietary non-toxic, non-stick technology from Ecolution. This water-based non-stick feature is secure and offers superior performance. So, your pancakes will never stick to the surface, and you will not have to worry about any harmful compounds.
- Soft Grip Silicone: Whether you are going to use it for preparing pancakes for all the guests or just for yourself, the squeezable silicone handles provide comfort for long and short preparation.
- Dishwasher Safe: In addition, you can readily wash it in your dishwasher without worrying about any effects.
5. Calphalon Hard-Anodized Griddle
It is an elegantly designed, 11-inch griddle pan that is just perfect for a small or medium sized family. Similarly, it is made of hard-anodized aluminium and features a unique multi-layer non-stick surface.
Some of the main features of this extraordinary pan are as follows:
- Hard-Anodized Aluminium: The heavy-gauge hard-anodized aluminium provides high durability, and thus, ensures even heat distribution too.
- Dual-Riveted SS Handle: Nevertheless, the stainless steel handle stays cool and provides ease of handling.
- Unique Non-stick Surface: The triple-layer non-stick surface is not just useful; it is also safe because it is PFOA-free. Thus, it also means that you don't have to splatter as much oil or butter. While one layer provides ease of release, the other two layers are for giving durability.
- Dishwasher Safe: Yes, you heard it right. You can also safely wash it in the dishwasher with ease.
- Oven Safe: You can also use the grill in the oven for cooking temperatures of up to 450 °F.
- Large Flat Surface: The surface provides an optimal cooking area for preparing several servings.
6. Presto 07046 Electric Griddle
It is an ideal electric griddle pan you can choose for preparing your favorite pancakes. This black-colored, heavy cast aluminium grill features high-quality non-stick surface which provides hassle-free cooking and ease of cleaning.
Some of the main features that make it an excellent option are as follows:
- Tilt’n Drain: This unique feature lets you adjust the griddle from a level surface to tilted position accordingly. Therefore, you can prepare anything from pancakes to eggs to meats. That's because the tilt angle can be changed easily using the handles.
- Heat Control: The Control Master heat control helps in automatically maintaining the required cooking temperature.
- Backstop Ledge: Food handling is a breeze thanks to this unique built-in feature.
Remove the heat control to immerse it fully. It is a large-sized grill that is versatile for preparing a wide range of food. Hence, you can prepare up to 50% more pancakes or food compared to other large griddles.
7. Vremi 20 inch Cast Iron Griddle
This 20-inch large, nonstick cast iron griddle is the best flat griddle pan for pancakes and quesadillas. Moreover, it features built-in side grip handles for convenience and ensures even cooking.
It is a universal griddle that you can use on both electric and dual-burner gas stovetops. Besides pancakes, you can also use it to prepare grilled cheese, eggs, and everything in between. It can also be used to sear BBQ ribs and juicy steaks on the grill side.
Some of the main features of this griddle are as follows:
- Dual-Sided Griddle Grill: Consequently, this is a versatile and large pan that features a flat griddle side for making pancakes and the other grooved grill side for grilling steaks and BBQ. The cast iron surface ensures even heating.
- Grease Slopes: The grease slopes on both sides hold fat. It helps create a real nonstick surface. The slopes drain off fat to help you prepare healthier food.
- Large Size: This is a large sized grilled pan and grill that measures 19.75 by 10 inches. Thus, it can cover two gas cooktop burners.
- Portable Design: It features a built-in side handles that make it easy to move it outdoors or indoors for different needs and occasions.
8. Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Griddle
It is a 10.5-inch reversible grill/griddle that you can use for preparing pancakes, eggs, bacon, and grilling burgers. In my opinion, it is among the best rated griddle pan you can find. It ensures fast and even heating for different purposes, including baking, grilling, frying, searing, and broiling.
Furthermore, it is versatile and convenient to use on the stove, oven, grill, and even induction cooktops. Besides, it also features two simple grip corner handles that enable secure handling.
It has flat and ribbed sides that enable both indoor and outdoor cooking. The grill measures 10.5 by 10.5 inches.
9. Nordic Ware Pancake Pan
If you have kids, this may be the best griddle pan you can choose. Made of cast aluminum, it measures 17.5 by 10.5 inches and allows you to make pancakes with up to 7 different smiley faces. It features a PFOA-free non-stick coated surface that makes cooking easier and cleaning simpler. The specially designed heat reflective exterior provides uniform browning.
The pan surface is made in the USA, and the grill comes with a 10-year warranty. The pan comes with pancake recipe, or you can try your favorite pancake recipe.
10. All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Griddle
It is a durable, black double burner griddle measuring 13 by 20 inches, excellent for making pancakes for all the guests. It has a three-ply construction that ensures even heat distribution, which is a popular feature among professional chefs.
The black surface has a beautiful contrast to the polished SS handles and rivets. The handles are designed to stay cold, and the design features a channel within the raised edge to collect the fat.
The Grande Griddle certainly stands out for its following features:
- Large Surface Area: It seems like the large surface area can be used to prepare up to a dozen pancakes, burgers, or eggs. It covers two burners on the stovetop.
- Perimeter Channel: Another great feature. The raised edge and perimeter channel ensure that excess juices and fat get drained off. It helps in preparing healthier food.
- High-Quality Construction: The aluminum exterior has been hard anodized and offers excellent resistance to scratches, peeling, and chipping. The 3-ply construction features an aluminum core that delivers even heating and prevents hot spots. The anodized stainless steel interior offers a non-reactive and utensil safe surface.
- Cool Handles: The stainless steel handles are sturdy and last long. They have a clearance of 2 inches and stay cool. This clearance also makes it easy to accommodate oven mitts.
- Non-stick Surface: Most noteworthy, you can cook without the use of oils or butter. Cleaning is also easy because the food residue can be easily removed.
Features And Factors To Consider When Buying Griddle Pans for Pancakes
If you are looking for the top rated griddle pan for your kitchen, you should consider many features and factors. Therefore, here I am covering the most crucial factors that make a difference in the results that you can achieve.
There are three commonly used materials for making griddle pans.
You come across two different types of copper griddle pans.
- The first type of pan entirely contains copper
- The second type has the inner part made of this metal. But, the rest of the pan includes stainless steel or another metal
I suggest you choose the first option because it helps you prepare pancakes faster.
II. Cast Iron
Cast iron griddle pans have the power to add a smokier and grilled taste to whatever you make.
Some of the key benefits of cast iron include the following:
- Even Cooking: Cast iron pans are considered as precision cookware by professional chefs because they are effective and efficient in conducting and retaining heat.
- Non-stick: After some time of usage, cast iron develops a non-stick surface.
- Versatility: Additionally, you can use cast iron griddle pans for preparing more items than pancakes.
- Longer Life Cycle: High quality cast iron griddle pans are among the top griddle pan because they can last a lifetime when maintained well.
III. Cast Aluminium
When choosing the ideal griddle pan for preparing your favorite pancakes, you should also consider grills made of cast aluminium. Hence, I recommend hard-anodized, cast aluminium grills because they are more stringent and don't cause the risk of leaching.
Some of the benefits include:
- Faster preparation
- The metal is dishwasher safe and may also be left to soak in the sink
- Heat conduction is better than stainless steel
- Highly durable & resists scratching
- Perfect for moderate to low heat purposes
IV. Stainless Steel
In contrast, stainless steel is an excellent material for griddle pans. Some of the main benefits of choosing a pot made of it are as follows:
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance
- Non-interference with the food’s flavor
- Better heat conduction
- Lighter weight and more convenient handling
- Sleek and versatile design
Once cooled down, you can easily wash the pan with a cleaning pad. Stainless steel pans certainly offer better even heating and also heat up faster. Also, the lighter weight translates into more convenience, especially when preparing more pancakes for a large group. Likewise, the sleek design means that it can blend into almost any kitchen style.
Once you have determined which material makes the perfect griddle pan for you, the next factor is the size. Maybe, this depends mostly on your family size. The more the number of people you have in your home, a larger pan will be required. You may also want to consider the type and size of burner you have to determine the right size of the pan.
Some features can give an edge to one griddle pan over another one. Some of these features include:
- Anti-stick material
- Anti-corroding properties
- Safe and easy-to-use handle
You would also want to have a pan that is dishwasher safe and easy to clean.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Are all the griddle pans available with a warranty?
Yes, all the griddle pans feature warranty offer for different years, and this varies from one model to another. Therefore, once you choose the right product, the seller provides all the documentation and information related to the warranty.
2. What should I consider most important when selecting the right griddle pan for making pancakes?
You should certainly consider all the features mentioned above when evaluating the different griddle pans. Nevertheless, quality should be your top concern. A poor quality pan can affect your pancakes. Usually, a quality pan has all the required features.
3. What is the basic recipe to make pancakes?
Almost every other woman wants to make pancakes at home. But, many of them don't find the proper recipe to make it delicious. Therefore, I will explain the primary method for making tasty pancakes right inside your kitchen.
You will need four major ingredients - one and a half cups of all-purpose flour, one tsp white sugar, one tsp salt, and lastly 3 and a half tsp of baking powder. First of all, take all the ingredients in a large bowl and sift them together. Once you mix this mixture, add around 1 cup of milk, an egg, and about 3 tsp of melted butter in the middle of this mixture.
Now, here comes the role of your grill. Heat it and spread some oil lightly. Finally, you can take ¼ cup of dough to make a piece of pancake.
Whether you are enjoying the weekend with family or friends or having a great outdoor campfire, pancakes are always a welcome delight. So, the choice of the right griddle pan can undoubtedly make all the difference in how quickly and easily you can prepare your pancakes.
Lastly, this list covers different types and sizes of griddle pans along with all their essential features and pros and cons to help you make the right decision. Hence, make sure to consider all the features and factors mentioned above and evaluate the top 10 griddle pans for pancakes to enjoy your favorite pancake recipe every time.