When it comes to the perfect breakfast, you can never go wrong with pancakes. Who doesn’t like flapjacks, right? Whether we’re talking oat-based, buckwheat, or fruit fusions, pancakes are the best way to start your day, and you need to have the tools to create these delicious concoctions. Having a great griddle pan for pancakes will ensure that you can start every day out right.
A griddle pan is the most efficient way to prepare pancakes, and it can also be used for so many other delightful delicacies. A large cooking surface, even heat transfer, and versatility are some of the most sought-after features of the best griddles.
Comparison Table of Best Griddle Pans for Pancakes
|Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Griddle||10" x 18"||Check|
|Presto 07061 Electric Griddle||22"||Check|
|Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler||8.75" x 16" x 13.75"||Check|
|Ecolution Evolve Nonstick Griddle||11"||Check|
|Calphalon Hard-Anodized Griddle||11"||Check|
|Presto 07046 Electric Griddle||18.5" X 15"||Check|
|Vremi 20 inch Cast Iron Griddle||20"||Check|
|Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Griddle||10.5"||Check|
|Nordic Ware Pancake Pan||10.5"||Check|
|All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Griddle||13" x 20"||Check|
10 Best Griddles | Top Rated Griddle Pans for Pancakes
Now its time to get to the nitty-gritty! We have compared and contrasted a plethora of griddle pans to come up with our list of the best ones for home use. We have included several kinds of griddles in this to ensure that we cover all of our bases, so read on to learn more!
1. Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Griddle
The Cuisinart MCP45-25NS Griddle is the perfect griddle pan for anyone cooking for guests. This double-burner griddle is a great space-saver and is available in two styles: a non-stick double-burner and a skillet.
Some of the main features include:
- Professional triple-ply construction with a pure aluminum core and brushed stainless-steel exterior
- Drip-free pouring rim and tight-fitting cover trap nutrients and moisture for more delicious food
- Heat Surround Technology ensures even heat distribution
- The cool-grip handle is convenient to hold and allows you to handle the griddle without singeing your fingers
This Cuisinart griddle pan comes with a lifetime warranty and is completely dishwasher-safe. Its awesome features make it our choice as the best double-burner griddle for gas stoves.
2. Presto 07061 Electric Griddle
This is a cast-aluminum griddle featuring detachable handles that measures almost 22 inches in size. It is among the best electric griddles for pancakes if you have a large family or frequently entertain friends. In addition, its removable handles make it easy to store. It even offers a high-quality textured cooking surface.
It is also easy to clean. The unique heat control system ensures that your preferred cooking temperature is automatically maintained. Since this electric griddle has a power output of up to 1500 watts, it’s a versatile appliance that can help create more than just pancakes.
Some of the notable features include the following:
- The extra-large cooking surface allows you to prepare stacks of pancakes for the whole family.
- Easily-detachable handles make it simple to clean and store this griddle.
- Once you remove the product’s stems, the base can be stored in a standard kitchen cabinet.
- The substantial cast-aluminum base ensures warp-proof application.
- You can fully immerse this griddle after removing its heat control.
- The slide-out drip tray can be easily removed and cleaned.
This grill comes with a one-year limited warranty.
3. Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler
The Cuisinart GR-4N Griddler is one of the most versatile and feature-rich products on this list. This item offers multiple functions that enable it to prepare pancakes, steaks, paninis, sausages, and everything in between.
These features make it the perfect choice for your kitchen:
- Multifunctional: This is a 5-in-1 grill, so you can use it to make pancakes, paninis, hamburgers, sausages, steaks, grilled cheese, and waffles.
- Easy Function Controls: A knobs allow for easy control of the product’s griddle and grill functions. You can also adjust the temperature to suit each task. It uses simple red/green lights to indicate its current temperature level.
- Ease of Use: This product is both easy to use and clean. It also features dishwasher-safe plates that can be detached.
One of the best features that make this such a stellar griddle is that it can prepare food according to five different cooking options. For example, the Full Griddle option is perfect for preparing stacks of fluffy pancakes, and the waffle-making attachment can produce delicious waffles.
Not only that, but the Contact Grill option allows you to easily cook hamburgers, chicken, and steaks. and the Full Grill option enables you to maximize your grilling surface. Also, the Half Grill and Half Griddle option allow you to grill and griddle simultaneously. The fifth option is the Panini Press. This product’s unique handle simplifies panini production.
4. Ecolution Evolve Nonstick Griddle
The Ecolution Evolve Nonstick Griddle is made of heavy-gauge aluminum and has some of the most favorable reviews of all of the products on this list. It is available in a few different sizes ranging from 8 inches to 11 inches.
One of the best things about this griddle is that it provides superior conductivity thanks the grooved heat bands on the bottom of it. Its sturdy construction and flat surface make it the perfect griddle for a wide range of cooking projects.
Some of the main features of this griddle pan include:
- Durability: This griddle pan has been designed to go the distance with you thanks to its heavy-gauge aluminum construction.
- Safe Non-stick Surface: Hydrolon PFOA-free is a proprietary non-toxic, non-stick technology from Ecolution. This water-based non-stick feature is secure and offers superior performance. Your pancakes will never stick to the product’s surface and there is no need to worry about contacting any harmful compounds.
- Soft-Grip Silicone: Whether you are going to use this machine for preparing pancakes for a crowd or just making a few flapjacks for yourself, its squeezable silicone handles provide ample comfort.
- Dishwasher-Safe: You can toss this machine in your dishwasher without having to worry about damaging any of its elements.
5. Calphalon Hard-Anodized Griddle
This Calphalon Hard-Anodized Griddle is an elegantly-designed 11-inch griddle pan that is perfect for a small or medium-sized family. It is made of hard-anodized aluminum and features a unique multi-layer non-stick surface.
Some of the main features of this extraordinary griddle include:
- Hard-Anodized Aluminum: Heavy-gauge hard-anodized aluminum provides awesome durability while ensuring even heat distribution.
- Dual-Riveted SS Handle: The product’s stainless-steel handle stays cool and provides a nice grip for optimal handling.
- Unique Non-stick Surface: The machine’s triple-layer non-stick surface is not just useful–it is also safe because it is PFOA-free. This means you don’t have to spray as much oil or butter on it before cooking with it. While one layer provides ease of release, the other two layers provide durability.
- Dishwasher-Safe: You can safely wash this griddle in the dishwasher.
- Oven Safe: You can also use the grill in the oven at cooking temperatures up to 450 °F.
- Large, Flat Surface: This item’s surface provides an optimal cooking area for preparing larger meals.
This griddle is a versatile weapon to add to your kitchen arsenal. It can be used with all types of stovetops, including electric ring, electric, gas, glass ceramic, and halogen.
6. Presto 07046 Electric Griddle
The Presto 07046 Electric Griddle is an ideal griddle for preparing your favorite flat-top recipes. This black, heavy-cast aluminum grill features a high-quality non-stick surface that provides hassle-free cooking and ease of cleaning.
Some of the main features that make it an excellent option are as follows:
- Tilt’n Drain: This unique feature allows you to adjust the griddle from a level surface to a tilted position, making it much easier to drain grease or other undesirable liquids. This means you can cook your whole breakfast at once.
- Heat Control: A Control Master heat control helps automatically maintain the device’s cooking temperature.
- Backstop Ledge: Food handling is a breeze thanks to this unique built-in feature.
Note that you can remove this machine’s heat control in order to clean it. The best part about this product is that it has a very large cooking surface that allows you to prepare a wide range of foods simultaneously.
7. Vremi 20 inch Cast Iron Griddle
The Vremi 20-inch Cast Iron Griddle is a large, non-stick cast-iron griddle that we found to be the best flat-griddle pan for foods such as pancakes and quesadillas. It even features built-in side-grip handles for convenience.
This is a universal griddle that you can use on both electric and dual-burner gas stovetops. Besides pancakes, you can use it to prepare grilled cheese, eggs, and everything in between. It can also be used to sear BBQ ribs and juicy steaks.
Some of the main features of this griddle include:
- Dual-Sided Griddle Grill: This is a versatile and large pan that features a flat side for making pancakes and a grooved side for grilling steaks and BBQ. The machine’s cast-iron surface ensures even heating.
- Grease Slopes: The grease slopes on both sides of this item prevent fat from dripping onto your countertops. They also help create a real nonstick surface. The absence of fat can help you prepare healthier food.
- Large Size: This is a large pan that measures 19.75 by 10 inches. Thus, it can cover two gas cooktop burners.
- Portable Design: It features built-in side handles that make it easy to move this product whenever you’d like.
This product is one of the best cast-iron griddle pans you can find, especially if you have a large family.
8. Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Griddle
The Lodge LSRG3 Cast Iron Griddle is a 10.5-inch reversible grill/griddle that you can use for preparing pancakes, eggs, bacon, and burgers. It’s among the top-rated griddles on the market today because it ensures fast and even heating whether you’re baking, grilling, frying, searing, or broiling.
The versatility of this griddle allows you to use it as a stove, oven, grill, or even induction cooktop. It also features two easy-grip corner handles and ribbed sides that allow for both indoor and outdoor cooking.
9. Nordic Ware Pancake Pan
If you have kids, the Nordic Ware Pancake Pan may be the best nonstick griddle pan you can purchase. Made of cast aluminum, it measures 17.5 inches by 10.5 inches and allows the user to make pancakes with up to seven different smiley faces.
This product features a PFOA-free non-stick coated surface that makes cooking easier and cleaning simpler. In addition, its heat-reflective exterior provides uniform browning. The pan’s surface is manufactured in the U.S.A., and the grill comes with a 10-year warranty.
10. All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Griddle
The All Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Griddle is a durable double-burner griddle that measures 13 inches by 20 inches. It has a three-ply construction that ensures even heat distribution, which is a very popular feature among professional chefs.
The product’s black surface offers a beautiful color contrast to its polished stainless-steel handles and rivets. Its handles are designed to stay cold, and it even has a channel within its raised edge to collect excess fat.
The Grande Griddle certainly stands out from the crowd. Here are some of its most notable features:
- Large Surface Area: This product’s large surface area can be used to prepare up to a dozen pancakes, burgers, or eggs.
- Perimeter Channel: This machine’s raised edge and perimeter channel ensure that excess juices and fat drain away without contaminating your food.
- High-Quality Construction: This item’s aluminum exterior has been hard-anodized, so it offers excellent resistance to scratches, peeling, and chipping. Also, its three-ply construction features an aluminum core that provides even heating and prevents hot spots. Finally, its anodized stainless-steel interior offers a non-reactive and utensil-safe surface.
- Cool Handles: This machine’s stainless-steel handles are sturdy and durable. Not only that, but they have a clearance of two inches and stay cool as you cook. This clearance also makes it easy to accommodate oven mitts.
- Non-Stick Surface: With this product, you can cook without using sprays, oils, or butter. This makes cleaning a breeze.
Features And Factors To Consider When Buying Griddle Pans for Pancakes
If you are looking for a top-rated griddle pan for your kitchen, there are many features you should consider. Here are some of the most common features to keep in mind while you comparison shop.
Griddle Pan Material
There are three commonly-used materials for making griddle pans:
There are two different types of copper griddle pans:
- One that is made entirely of copper
- One that’s made from an amalgamation of copper and stainless steel or some other similar material
II. Cast Iron
Cast-iron griddle pans have the power to add a smokier taste to whatever delicious meals you make.
Some of the key benefits of cast-iron products include:
- Even Cooking: Cast-iron pans are considered precision cookware by professional chefs because they can conduct and contain heat with an amazing level of efficiency.
- Non-Stick: After it’s been used for a long period of time, cast iron develops a non-stick surface.
- Versatility: You can use cast-iron griddle pans to prepare a wide variety of foods–not just pancakes.
- Longer Life Cycle: High-quality cast-iron griddle pans are among the top griddle pans on the market because they can last a lifetime as long as you work to maintain them.
Also Read: Best Electric Skillet for Frying Chicken
III. Cast Aluminum
When choosing a griddle pan to prepare your favorite pancakes, you should also consider grills made of cast aluminum. We recommend hard-anodized, cast-aluminum grills because they are much less likely to allow leakage.
Some of the benefits of these products include:
- Faster preparation
- The metal is dishwasher-safe
- Heat conduction is better than stainless steel
- Highly durable and resists scratching
- Perfect for moderate to low-heat recipes
IV. Stainless Steel
Stainless steel can also be an excellent material for griddles. Some of the most notable benefits of owning a stainless-steel griddle include:
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance
- Will not interfere with the food’s flavor
- Terrific heat conduction
- Lightweight and easy handling
- Sleek and versatile design
Once cooled down, you can easily wash a stainless-steel pan with a cleaning pad. Stainless-steel pans certainly offer more even heating and also tend to heat up faster.
In addition, their lightweight construction makes them quite convenient, especially when preparing pancakes for a large group. Finally, their sleek design allows them to blend into almost any kitchen.
Also read: How to Make a Cookie Cake With Cookie Mix
Once you have determined the material of which you’d like your griddle to be made, the next element to consider is size.
When thinking about your griddle’s ideal size, consider how the size of the groups for which you typically cook. If you just plan to make pancakes for yourself, you probably won’t need a giant griddle pan. But if you make pancakes for large parties on a regular basis, you may want to seek out products with more cooking surface.
Another factor to consider when choosing the size of the griddle you want is the type and size of burners you’d prefer. Some griddles stretch across multiple burners, while others offer single burners.
Additional features can elevate one griddle pan over another. Some such features include:
- Anti-stick material
- Anti-corrosion properties
- Safe and easy-to-use handle
Finally, make sure you target pans that are dishwasher-safe and easy to clean.
Read More: Best Mandoline Slicer for Sweet Potatoes
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all of the griddle pans that we recommend in this article feature warranties. Once you choose a griddle, its manufacturer will provide more information.
To make pancakes, you will need four major ingredients: one and a half cups of all-purpose flour, one teaspoon of white sugar, one teaspoon of salt, and three and a half teaspoons of baking powder. First, dump all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix them. Next, add one cup of milk, an egg, and about three teaspoons of melted butter.
This next step is where your grill comes into play. Heat up the appliance and spread some oil on its surface. Finally, use ¼ of a cup of dough for each pancake you make.
Read More: Best Dutch Oven for Bread Baking
Whether you are enjoying the weekend with family or friends or having a great outdoor campfire, pancakes are always a welcome treat. That’s why the right griddle pan can make all the difference regarding how quickly and easily you can prepare pancakes.
Make sure you return to this article when you decide to start shopping for the griddle that’s perfect for you, and good luck!