Reheating Apple Pie
There are two cooking appliances- an oven, and a microwave that can be used to reheat your apple pie. In each of them, you have to follow a different method to reheat the dish properly.
Reheating Apple Pie: In The Oven
This is perhaps the best way to get your apple pie warmed up again. No matter how long it was stored inside the refrigerator, if it is normally cool or frozen, still your apple pie can be turned crispy from outside and tingly from inside what you’re looking to have. The only thing that can trouble is the time that requires little longer to get the pie warmed all again. If you’re okay with that then come and let’s follow the steps to make the thing possible.
- Preheat the oven to about 200°F if your pie is normal cool and if it is frozen then you need higher temperature of 350°F. Both of the temperatures are considered good for your pie.
- Take out the apple pie from the refrigerator and place it on the oven. As for the frozen apple pie, you have to place a baking sheet on the top of the oven and put the apple pie on the sheet and cover it with a foil. It may prevent the crust from being burnt but crispy.
- Leave the pie for at least for 20 minutes to get perfectly warmed. The time can be adjusted seeing the condition of the pie.
- Keep watching time and again to take care of your pie tom make sure if the crust is not burnt.
Reheating Apple Pie: In The Microwave
This cooking appliance is quite useful for reheating different kinds of foods including apple pies. It takes very little time to perform its work quite easily. The only thing that may go negative with this appliance is that the crispy crust of the pie sometimes may turn soft and soggy that doesn’t go well with most of you. If you’re okay with that then let’s see the steps of the process.
- Keep the pieces of apple pies in the microwave properly.
- Go for reheat setting of the microwave.
- Wait for a few moments and then take the pies out of it.
- Leave them for 30 seconds to get cool and then serve with a scoop of ice cream.
After following the processes now it is time to follow some important things that you should keep in mind while baking an apple pie freshly, These are-
What Apple Should Be Used for Apple Pie?
To make a perfect apple pie you have to choose apples that are firm and tart and should have the right properties for this purpose. Though there are varieties of apple the Pink Pearl, Ginger Gold, Northern Spy are some varieties that can be used to prepare a great apple pie.
How Do You Prevent Pie from Getting Soggy?
Though you all love apple pie, a soggy pie can spoil the party as you always look for the crispy outside of it. There are many ways to prevent this. You can brush the bottom, make a thicker crust, fill the inside of the pie with white chocolate; all these things help you to get the pie crispy especially while reheating.
Why Did My Apple Pie Turn Out Watery?
This is a genuine problem that may happen with the first time cook. While preparing the apple pie the pie is filled by some kind of fluid. Certainly this may lessen the taste and flavor of the pie. If you want to know the reason behind this, then all I can say that the sugar that you have added with the slices of apple extracts the water out of the apple. Apart from this, there are some kinds of apple like Granny Smith that have tendency to release water into the preparation. Using less thickener is one more reason that turns out your pie watery.
How Do You Reduce The Liquid in An Apple Pie?
Homemade apple pie is no doubt a delicious dish that would be preferred by most of the people all over the world. Once you get the taste of it, you cannot forget to take it again and again. All you need to reheat the stored apple pie using different ways so that you can relish them with all of its appeal and presentation. Go ahead.